State News : Alabama

NWCDN is a network of law firms dedicated to protecting employers in workers’ compensation claims.

NWCDN Members regularly post articles and summary judgements in workers’ compensations law in your state.  

Select a state from the dropdown menu below to scroll through the state specific archives for updates and opinions on various workers’ compensation laws in your state.

Contact information for NWCDN members is also located on the state specific links in the event you have additional questions or your company is seeking a workers’ compensation lawyer in your state.





Regardless of whether a workers’ compensation settlement is finalized before a Circuit Court Judge or an ADOL Ombudsman, the ADOL Workers’ Compensation Division, must receive a completed WC-4 Claim Summary Form that identifies the county where the settlement was finalized.  This is a non-issue for court approved documents since they always reflect the county of filing.  However, for ombudsman settlements it is also required that the county be reflected on the WC-4.

Forms are to be sent to: 


Earlene Holland:   

Phone or FAX   334-956-4031


Christine Dunn:    

Phone or FAX 334-956-4032

About the Author

This blog submission was prepared by Mike Fish, an attorney with Fish Nelson & Holden, LLC, a law firm dedicated to representing self-insured employers, insurance carriers, and third party administrators in all matters related to workers’ compensation. Fish Nelson & Holden is a member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. If you have any questions about this submission or Alabama workers’ compensation in general, please contact Fish by e-mailing him at or by calling him directly at 205-332-1448.